Tuesday 28 April 2009

Bankroll Builder Experiment

Ok I have been running this for 6 weeks now.

Rather than start at zero I decided to start with $50.

I have the following rules, which I have stolen bits from Mr Ferguson and others.

To start with only allowed to play freerolls or $1+10c sit and goes, try to play on site with rakeback deal, and account for rakeback as additional income added to bankroll.

Not allowed to move up levels until next level threshold broken and not allowed to fall below 50% between levels. i.e. to move to $2.25 level, must have at least $157.50, and once moved up level bankroll cannot fall below $103.75, if it does move back down level.

Set levels as follows:

Level Bankroll

$1+10c------------ $50+

$2+25c ------------ $157.50

$5+50 ------------ $357.50

$10+$1 ----------- $715.00

Also if playing cash games, not allowed to buy in for more than 5% of bankroll and must leave table if the amount at table is between 10-15% of bankroll i.e. once you have double up, leave table and rebuy back in elsewhere at 5% or less of bankroll.

I started off very well and my ROI was through the roof, but it has settled down to a bit of a grind and my original $50 now stands at the following after 6 weeks.

Bankroll $425.53

Profit $375.53

Games/Sessions played: 583

ROI: 24%

To give you an example of how important the rakeback was to this exercise, at the end of 4 weeks my bankroll stood at $187 and I was paid $29 in rakback from that months play, increasing my bankroll by a further 15%. Obviously as I move up levels the rakeback should increase exponentially.

I wonder if I can do a "Ferguson" and get it up to $10,000? Only time will tell. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Varzee said...

I have every faith you can acheive this if you remain diciplined. Ill be checking up on you

GiMac said...

Thanks fella.