Wednesday 14 May 2008

A weekend of hell ends well.

Well Saturday rolled up to Grosvenor, Newcastle for the final regional leg of the APAT Northern Region league. Joint top I needed to finish ahead of my good friend Morlspin. With only 10 runners it was going to be tough and unfortunately I grind out with no hands lasting 7 levels before going out in 8th. Oh well never mind. Well done Morlspin on a good fight and great win.

Next I move across the road to Aspers, where i manaage to alternate into the £50 freezeout. I get sat on nice table and settle in to get some chips. Early on I get 2 limpers into my SB I push all in with 82, knowing they will pass, which they do and I show the bluff. These are the two guys I want to set up and now I just need a hand. The very next round, I get 3 limpers into my BB. I look down at JJ and raise it up. One of my targets on the button pushes all in. I know he isnt beating JJ, so I call. He has A6 and says "I thought you were making a move again", of course that's what he was supposed to think, lol. Unfortunately he hits an A on the turn and the lucky fish sends me to the rail. Oh well what can you do when you outplay someone and they get lucky? Whilst at Aspers I have Pollock and chips, it's normally nice but for some reason didnt quite taste right, more of that later.

Next I play the £30 freezeout. I get past the first break but after flopping a set and someone betting into me, a third player calls down on a gutshot and hits a straight on the river. Sick!

I move back across the road to the Grosvenor to pick up a cash game. There is a small £1/£2 game starting so i sit down with £50 and get involved in the SLOWEST and most boring cash game I have ever played. I grind out to £200 and get bad beat back down to £125, when my tiredness and boredom get the better of me and I donk of my cash.

So I head home to bed and the weekend gets worse. Less than an hour in bed and I'm on the toilet 4 times!!! The memory of Apsers fish comes back to me. It wasn't right after all. The next 10 hours are spent between bed and bathroom and I feel like crap.

At 6pm I venture downstairs, still feelin unwell, my laptop is flashing to remind me that I have qualified for a Satellite Final to the GUKPT Main Event in Newcastle. I feel horrible, I certainly don't feel like playing poker. I go for a wee drive to the shop for some supplies and a bit of fresh air. By the time I get back I feel a bit better, so decide to play it. JUST AS WELL!!!!

6 hours later I'm sitting there proud as punch, having won a $2750 package to the GUKPT Main Event in Newcastle. I drag my carcass back to bed.

Little did I know that Monday would get even better!!!!

No comments: